We spend so much of our time at our homes, so why not make them look the best that they can, within our budget constraints. We always think of remodeling our bathrooms and kitchens. Why not transform your aging swimming pool into a luxury pool. There are so many options you can add that will help your pool run more efficiently and be more aesthetically pleasing. Anyone that has a swimming pool knows how much time is spent poolside in the warm months. Whether it be with family, friends, or neighbors, many hours are spent playing in the swimming pool; especially in Georgia where it’s HOT! Here are some ways you can breathe new life into your existing swimming pool:
1. Change your swimming pool plaster to an aggregate pool plaster. They come in a variety of textures and colors. You can choose from pebble finishes with varying sizes of pebble or smooth quartz finishes in a variety of colors. The advantage of a pebble pool finish is the life expectancy of the pebble. It costs more upfront; however, the finish lasts up to 20 years with proper water chemistry.
2. Consider adding a natural stone deck, travertine pavers, or brick pavers to transform the look of your swimming pool.
3. Add a waterfall, spa, or other water feature to your existing swimming pool. Adding a water feature to your existing swimming pool is a way to add a hint of tranquility to your swimming pool. Nothing compares to the soothing sounds of a waterfall.
4. Upgrade your pool lights to LED lights. They are more energy efficient and can create a dramatic nighttime effect.
5. Upgrade your existing pool pump and filter to a more energy efficient model.
6. Change your swimming pool tile or coping. Changing your old swimming pool tile, can drastically change the look of your swimming pool. There are many more options available today than in the past. Glass tiles are an excellent addition to any swimming pool. Removing old coping and replacing it with natural stone can also transform your swimming pool; modernizing it’s overall look.
There are many other ways to reinvent your existing swimming pool. Check back for more ideas. We’d love to hear your remodeling success stories.