Designing residential swimming pools is much more of an artform than ever before. Custom Swimming pool companies have designers to help guide you through this proceess; however, it sometimes helps to have some idea what you like, ahead of time.
So, you’ve decided to take the plunge and are planning on purchasing an inground swimming pool. The only problem is, you have no idea what look you are going for. Here are a few tips to help you get inspired before you meet with a designer.
1. Consider what purpose you want the swimming pool for. Is it strictly for exercise, entertainment, aesthetics? Who will be using the swimming pool?
2. Search in books, magazines, and the internet for topics that include swimming pools, travel, architecture, and interior design. These can often times help you narrow your ideas down.
3. Tune into HGTV or other design television. A lot of the weekend programming on these stations involves swimming pool projects, home renovations, and landscaping ideas.
4. Attend a home and garden show. Most major cities have a home and garden show; typically in the spring months. Visit booths of landscapers and pool builders and see if they have any inspiring ideas. Also, some cities have local garden and home tours. Take advantage of these great venues to get inspired.
5. Get inspired by the outdoors. Take a hike in the woods and notice the slow moving creek or fast moving waterfall. Tune into nature and see what inspires you. Take a walk through a botanical garden or nature preserve. Notice all the things around you, like the patios and walkways, rocks, boulders, or anything else that might catch your eye.
6. Think of vacation spots you have been. Have you ever seen a pool that inspired you. Look back through vacation photos and see if anything grabs your attention. Often times homeowners want to recreate a memorable vacation moment by building a pool or spa with cascading waterfalls and rock boulders.
The design possibilities are limitless when it comes to creating your inground swimming pool or spa. Design consultants can lead you through this process based on your existing landscape, but the more information you can provide them about your individual lifestyle, the better the outcome.
We are an Atlanta pool builder. Even if you don’t live in Georgia, we’d love to hear from you about your pool or spa project inspiration. Tell us your stories!