Pool maintenance is necessary in order to keep your Atlanta Swimming Pool running efficiently. You can contact your local swimming pool builder and ask them for a referral for a reputable service company. Or, if you decide to maintain your swimming pool yourself, avoid these mistakes:
1. Keep your PH in check so that your chlorine content stays more stable. If your PH is between 7.2 and 7.4 you are more likely to get the most use out of the chlorine. Chlorine is what keeps your pool sanitized and healthy to swim in.
2. Do not forget to check the waters calcium hardness. This should be checked at least twice a year. Ideal is between 200-400. If it is low, add calcium. If it is high, dilute by adding water to the pool.
3. Do not neglect the walls and the floor of the pool. Be sure to brush the floor and the walls of the pool to keep the pool as clean as possible and to make your plaster finish have the longest life possible. Brush every three weeks or as needed.
4. Neglecting your salt chlorine generator. Be sure to clean the cells of the salt chlorine generator to keep them running efficiently and producing enough chlorine. Failure to maintain the salt chlorine generator, could result in costly repairs later.
5. Trying to save money by running the filter pump less. Your pool water needs to be circulated in order to keep the water clean. If you do not run it at least 8 hours a day during the peak summer hours, your pool may not be clean.
6. Avoiding cleaning out the pump basket. Not only does the skimmer basket needs to be emptied, but the pump basket needs to be emptied as well.
7. Ignoring broken drain covers. This is a definite mistake. If a drain cover is broken, it could lead to an entrapment issue. Inspect your drain covers and make sure they are not broken.
These are all common things that pool owners often times miss when caring for their swimming pool. Can you think of any other common maintenance mistakes? If so, feel free to post them.
Leave a Comment