With nearly 5 months of Summer weather in Georgia, we are always looking for ways to beat the heat. Splash pads, spraygrounds, Rain pads, wet decks. No matter what you call them, we’ve all seen them at big water parks, community pools, and even at Centennial Olympic Park. Now, more and more people are considering installing these fun interactive water features in their own backyard. You can have them installed poolside or stand alone. Some of the great benefits of a splash pad are:
1. They are customizable to any shape or design
2. They can fit in yards with limited space
3. They are safe for people of all ages because they have less than an inch of standing water
4. They do not require the installation of a fence around your property
5. They cost much less than a swimming pool
6. You can add laminar jets, fiber optic lighting, spray toys, etcetera. You are only bound by your imagination
7. Surface options range from colored and textured concrete to sealed pavers.
8. They can increase the value of your property
9. They do not require much maintenance.
10. When you use a holding tank and reclaim the water, they are eco-friendly
With more and more people choosing to spend more time at home, these interactive water features are becoming increasingly popular. People that have been told that their yard is too small for a swimming pool due to building codes, have chosen to go with a splash pad instead. With the versatility of splash pads, they can be incorporated into any landscape.
What do you think about splash pads? Feel free to leave your comments below.