Father’s day is upon us and it got us thinking about all the reasons dad’s would love a swimming pool.
1. Cheap source of entertainment: Once you make the investment of buying a swimming pool, your summer entertainment needs are met. The kids love playing by the pool and it is a constant source of quality entertainment. You don’t have to drive the kids to the crowded water park, where you not only pay entry fees, but also outrageous concession stand prices. Plus, having your children’s birthday parties poolside is much cheaper than going to indoor bounce gyms, bowling alleys, or amusement parks.
2. Quality time with family:Have you heard the saying, “A family that plays together, stays together”? Well, it’s true. I can’t think of a better way of spending a Sunday afternoon than with the family in the pool. Whether you play the old time favorite game of Marco polo, race eachother, or play a game of water volleyball, dad will enjoy quality time with the family.
3. The Kids will want to hang out at home : When you own a pool, your children tend to want to hang out at home. When the kids are home, you know what they are doing and who they are with. It’s especially nice for dad’s to know what their teenage daughters are up to and who they are hanging out with.
4. Built in source of exercise: We all know the health benefits of exercise. Aquatic exercise reduces stress, reduces pain, and makes us more flexible. A swim in the pool after a long days work is just what dad wants to reinvigorate himself. It’s like having your own personal gym in your backyard.
5. Kids will be tired: After swimming in the pool, kids tend to be tired. That usually means you don’t have to fight them to get them to go to bed. Dad will get more quality time with mom if the kids go to bed without a fuss. Mom and dad can even go for a swim after the kids are in bed.
So those are the top 5 reasons dad would like a swimming pool. With Father’s day upon us, consider calling the Best Pool Builder in Atlanta, Watercolors Custom Pools! Please feel free to add any additional reasons to the list. We’d love to hear from you!
Freeform inground shotcrete pool with grotto (cave), waterfall and waterslide, built by Watercolors Custom Pools, LLC. Ben Whitlow, President